Evangelical Covenant Press accepts manuscripts consistent with the Core Values of the ECO. Evangelical Covenant Press accepts ONLY manuscripts consistent with the Core Values of the ECO.
Our Core Values are Published elsewhere on this site. You should review our Core Values with respect your manuscript before submitting any manuscript for consideration.
Manuscripts should be submitted electronically in WORD format, by email, with the words – Manuscript Submission – in the Subject Line.
Evangelical Covenant Press accepts manuscripts consistent with the Core Values of the ECO, covering a wide variety of subjects, target audiences, age groups, topics and formats.
Evangelical Covenant Press will not accept manuscripts including objectionable material, content at odds with our Core Values and/or that do not meet our editorial vision.
Manuscripts submitted will be evaluated in the order in which they are submitted, with no promises as to the time between submission and decision. A manuscript may require review by multiple editors and six to twelve months may pass before the manuscript becomes available to the publishing committee for editorial decision.
Thinking of Submitting A Proposal?
If you have a manuscript you would like us to consider, please include a proposal in order for your work to be considered. In your introductory email, please include your name, address, phone number, and title of your book. Include these on this proposal form as well.
The questions below will help us evaluate your material. Please answer as thoroughly as possible and return this form, with the requested material, to one of the individuals listed at the end of the form.
About Your Book
What is your suggested title?
What is your suggested subtitle?
What are some alternate titles/subtitles?
Which of the following categories best describes your book:
Exposition (teaching on a specific topic or theme, with various personal illustrations included)
Narrative (a personal story about yourself or someone else)
WHAT IS YOUR BOOK and WHY SHOULD ANYONE BUY IT?
Share the information that will help us understand your concept and marketing potential.
- How would you describe the content of your book in a short paragraph?
- What is the theme of your book—share with us the primary message of your work?
- What is the word count?
- When do you expect to complete the manuscript?
- Please attach a table of contents with a few sentences about each chapter.
- Please attach two sample chapters.
- What is the main demographic group you are targeting?
- Mostly men?
- Mostly women?
- Age group?
- What specific interests or connections?
- What books have been published similar to yours? (Please list titles, authors, publishers, years of publication.) How does yours differ?
- What about your book will draw someone to read it?
- What specific benefits will a person receive from reading your book?
- Please provide your contact information—email address, physical mailing address, phone number(s), website if applicable.
- Please write a one-paragraph author bio, including your educational background and church affiliation.
- Along with your personal experience, what qualifies you to write on this topic?
- Describe your platform, including your speaking experience and online presence. Please note numbers of followers where applicable (e.g., website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- What speaking engagements or promotional opportunities do you realistically anticipate if your book is published?
- Are there media possibilities you can realistically anticipate?
- What leaders do you know who might endorse your book or write a foreword?
- What other tools or ideas will help promote your book?
- Have you written other books? Identify the publisher, copyright date and approximate sales.
- Do you have ideas for future books you would like to write? Include a suggested title and one-sentence description for each.
How to Submit
This proposal should be sent as an email attachment to our Publisher, Rev. Dr. John Long